Breaking Yokes and Taking names.
Your perfect breakfast Reboot!
7 REASONS TO REBOOT WITH QUINOA.
- Is one of the most protein-rich foods. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
- Contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. Fiber helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Contains Iron. Iron carries oxygen from one cell to another and supplies oxygen to our muscles to aid in their contraction. Iron also increases brain function because the brain takes in about 20% of our blood oxygen among many other benefits.
- Contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines. Magnesium also may reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control.
- High in Riboflavin (B2). B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells.
- High content of manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
By: Dietitian Taylor Johnson, RD, LDN
Recipe type: Breakfast
GF / OVO-VEGETARIAN
Cook quinoa according to package directions. While quinoa is cooking, chop asparagus. Add asparagus, fresh spinach, and a dash of EVOO into a small skillet over medium heat. Once spinach is wilted, transfer asparagus and spinach into serving bowl. Drizzle skillet with EVOO and add egg over med-heat. Cook egg over easy. Add 1/2 cooked quinoa to serving bowl, top with egg, crumbed feta, sliced avocado, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reboot and Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked in vegetable broth
- 1 pasture raised egg (Vital Farms pasture raised)
- 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
If you make this recipe, we would love to see it! Tag us in your photo @rootsreboot with #RootsReboot or #RebootAndTurnip to our INSTAGRAM HERE!
XO - Roots Reboot
P.S. Need to Recharge, refocus or Reset your health?
Reboot with your personal Dietitian for real results and nutrition coaching! Work with us 1-1 for a personalized health plan with hourly support from yours truly! LEARN MORE HERE!